CALL FOR ARTISTS
Spaces, Places and Traces: Eastside Culture Crawl Preview Show
Arts Factory – opening Oct 27 – November 18, 2018
Cultch, Firehall, Alternative Creations Studio – opening November 1, 2018
Deadline For Submission: Friday, September 7 at 5 pm
As part of ECCS’s programming, we are mounting a multi-venue salon-style exhibition titled Spaces, Places and Traces (venues include the Arts Factory, Cultch, Firehall Arts Centre and Alternative Creations Studio). For this exciting exhibit, we are calling for submissions from artists who have registered in this year's Eastside Culture Crawl.
While every footstep locates us, our movement traces us. Spaces, Places and Traces attempts to ponder individual and communal interpretations of the places we inhabit, spaces we occupy and traces we leave behind. While these terms can often be taken literally, we encourage creative submissions that go beyond the confines of mere definition, to broaden and interpret what the title of this show represents to each artist. Works in this broad-reaching exhibition will include painting, drawing, photography, printmaking, sculpture, video and other media.
This is a great opportunity for Crawl artists as the exhibitions will be promoted through Crawl website and programs. Crawl Preview shows are recognized as professionally curated shows.
- Submissions are open to any artist who is registered for the 2018 Eastside Culture Crawl
- Each selected artist will receive an honorarium
- We are also accepting proposals for 3 – 4 installations
- Once again we have an opportunity to exhibit sculpture and 3D work at Alternative Creations Gallery
- Please note that accepted works will not be available to show in your studio during the Culture Crawl
A panel of independent jurors consisting of professional artists and curators will review each artwork. The decisions will be made based on the following criteria:
- Relevance to the theme
- How it would fit with the exhibition as a whole
- Quality of execution
- Presentation of artwork
Works selected for the show will reflect a wide range of artists’ experiences and viewpoints, with excellence as a common thread. Decisions are independent from selection of past preview shows. We thank all artists who make submissions to this year's show, and look forward to reviewing your work.
- Work must be suitably prepared for the exhibition and ready for presentation.
- Wall mounted work must be appropriately framed or stretched with finished sides and properly wired for hanging. Work not properly prepared for exhibition will not be exhibited.
- 3-D work is encouraged
Sales: There will be a 30% commission for all works (or orders) sold. Worknot for sale (NFS) should be labelled as such and should include a value for insurance purpose
Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
- You may submit a maximum of 4 artworks for consideration.
- You must download and complete the 2018 Preview Show Submission Form. Please submit in PDF or Word format.
- You must submit a high-resolution JPEG image for each artwork. Images should be 300ppi and a minimum of 1MB in size. Please use the image naming convention Last NameFirst Name_ArtworkTitle.jpg Example: SmithJane_Eastend Crow.jpg
- Please submit your completed form along with high-res jpeg images in one email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the email subject line Your Name – Spaces, Places, Traces Submission